General Knowledge Quiz 2012
1) The Indian Army on March 4,2012 successful test Fired which supersonic cruiser missile at Pokhran to operationalise the second regiment of the weapon system in service?
2) Pakistan in March 2012 test fired Hatf-II surface-to-surface ballistic missile,Which can carry nuclear warheads.The Hatf-II or Abdali has a range of
1) 180 Km
2) 200 Km
3) 500 Km
4) 720 Km
3) The Defence Research and Development Organization(DRDO) in March 2012 announced to have developed a new sub-sonic cruise missile,which may be test-fired in April.The missile is called
4) A young slow loris, an endangered primate, was recovered by the villagers at Ratanpur in Khowai district near which of the following cities in March 2012?
5) A team of scientist in March 2012 announced to have found the treatment for glaucoma in rats.glaucoma is a disease of
6) Scientists in March 2012 announced to have identified two genes,Which are Linked to Parkinsons disease.the Genes are called
1) NACP and MAPT
2) NCAP and MPAT
3) NPAC and MTPA
4) NNCP and MMPA
7) Which of the following state Govt. recently imposed restrictions on the visit of Foreign Tourists to the Areas inhabited by Tribals?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
8) Indian Black eagle was in March 2012 announced to have been spotted in the Aravali Biodiversity park after a Gap of How many Years?
9) The Marketing committee of the Board of control of Cricket in India(BCCI) in Match 2012 set a minimum bid Price of how much per match( Test,one-day International,Twenty 20) for its Six-year global media rights starting in July 2012?
1) Rs 22.25-24 Crore
2) Rs 32.25-34 Crore
3) Rs 44.25-50 Crore
4) Rs 10.25-20.25 Crore
10) FIFA President Sepp Blatter on March 6,2012,apologized to which country over remarks by his Secretary-General Jerome valcke?
11) Which of the following, on March 21,2012,honoured the Players and Support staff of the hockey team for winning the Olympic qualifier and booking a berth in the London Games?
1) Times of India Group
2) Sahara India Group
3) Uttar Pradesh Board
4) Hindustan Petroleum
12) Life Insurance Corporation of India in March 2012 launched a single Premium Insurance Plan.What is its name?
1) Jeevan Sulabh
2) Jeevan Saral
3) Jeevan Kanya
4) Jeevan Vriddhi
13) Which country on March 1,2012 set its growth target for 2012 at lower-than-expected 7.5 Percent?
onclick="value=("China")" style="background-color: transparent;" type=
14) Which country in March 2012 voiced strong objections to New Delhi's move to ban export of cotton,describing the measures as an irresponsible act' that could cause huge losses to it?
3) South Africa
15) Which social networking website was recently found to have secured credit deal worth $8 billion from a consortium of banks before its initial public offering?
2) My Space
16) Which of the following in March 2012 announced that it will stop publishing print editions of its flagship encyclopaedia for the first time in more than 200 years ?
1) Encyclopaedia Britannica
2) Webster Encyclopaedia
3) Encyclopaedia oxford
17) Which Hollywood actor and his father were arrested in march 2012 at a Protest outside the Sudanese Embassy in Washington,accusing Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir of provoking a Humanitarian crisis?
1) Brad Pitt
2) Al Pacino
3) Russell Crowe
4) George Clooney
18) In how many Categories were the 6th National Grassroots innovations Awards presented by President Pratibha Patil; in New Delhi in March 2012?
19) The High court of which State on March 15,2012,directed to take immediate steps to stop minimum operations by encroachers on Govt. Lands?
2) Madhya Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
20) Which State Govt. announced in March 2012 to introduce 'Surakshit Maa' and 'Swasth Maa' Awards from the next financial year to Promote institutional deliveries and create awareness and " responsibility towards health" in Pregnant women?